I Tried Something New!

Image

Tea stained shirt 001

This is a simple shirt that I made for lounging around.  It is made of plain white muslin.  I have some specific shorts that I want it to got with.  The problem is that the white color does not coordinate well.  I have seen and read about tea staining and I have always wanted to try it.  I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity.  I practiced it on some scraps of fabric, which I will be using in another project, and I liked the result.  Therefore I brewed some tea bags, 8 total, and dunked my shirt into the tea.  I let it sit overnight and then just rinsed with water and washed the shirt.  Here is the result.  I hope that you can see the subtle difference.  There is not a dramatic color change – it is subtle but the new color of the shirt goes so well with the shorts in the picture.

Tea stained shirt 003

The shorts are a green and off white color.  The shirt blends so well.

I am still working on the Vogue outfit.  I have finished the pants and I am working on another pair of them because I like them so much.  The top is 85% finished.  I have decided to try something else that is new.  I will be taking photos of some of the steps to share with you.  Must go now to get to work on the Vogue outfit top.

Till next time!

Advertisements

One response »

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s