I was delayed a bit but I have started taking the 28 pages of pattern pieces that I printed from the disc provided with the book and putting them together. There are not a lot of pieces but it took that many pages to print the pieces. I completed three rows of 4 pages wide of the pattern pieces and wouldn’t you know it, I ran out of tape! REALLY? I was totally crushed because I was going strong. I could have finished it all. Not today. I will have to wait and go and get some more tape. Be assured that I will purchase some extra. Since that came to a stop I did locate the fabric that I had in mind for these harem pants. It is a beautiful olive green Irish lined. It is so smooth.
Since my construction of the pattern pieces for the pants came to an unwelcomed halt, I went back to work on the top that I am making. I am stenciling some images onto the pullover top that I am making from fabric that I dyed myself. This is a photo of a section of the band around the bottom of the top.
This is both of the pieces to the band that goes around the bottom of the top. I chose to use colors that do not jump out and scream at you, so to speak. I want the stenciled images to be more of an accent rather than a bold contrast. I mean look at the coloration of the fabric. I don’t think that I need more bold imaging.
This is somewhat of a ‘post script’. I have already done the spell checking and I was about to save this in draft form so I can publish in the morning and I just noticed that the last picture is upside down. I do hope that you are laughing because I have been laughing quite a bit. I am leaving it as it is because it does not really change the fabric pieces and it provides a good opportunity for a good chuckle.