I am making the blue and white striped cardigan in this photo. In the last blog post that I made I indicated that is was to be a red cardigan.
Here is the front and back pieces laid out and pinned, ready to cut. I know, it is not red. I had enough of the red stretch knit fabric for the cardigan …… until I washed it. That fabric really shrunk a lot. Therefore I will go with the green.
This is just another angle of the front and back pieces that have been pinned down and are ready to cut.
In this photo I am showing that I really am quite a rebel. Instead of cutting the triangles to mark the pattern where two pieces will join, I just cut slits. I used a Burda pattern not too long ago and that pattern indicated slits instead of cutting in the triangles. It is so much easier and neater to me so that is what I do all of the time now.
In this photo I am showing the interfacing that I am heat setting to the piece. I will only use the adhesive/heat set interfacing because it is easier to me. This interfacing is not too stiff so it shouldn’t cause distortion when I finish the cardigan.
I will make another blog posting as I go through making this cardigan. I look forward to it.