This is the pattern that I am making the tunic from. it is the longer tunic.
This is the pattern that I am making the pants/trousers from. I thought of making this top but then I decided that I wanted a top that was more simple so that I can add embellishments. A blank canvas so to speak. I am in the process of altering the pants/trousers pattern and I thought that I would share what the Nancy Zieman book looks like.
I have spent plenty of time pouring over the sections that cover the alterations that I must make.
In this photo I have cut along the line provided to lengthen the pants at the top of the front leg piece.
Here I have shown how I have lengthened by two inches using some scrap tissue paper pieces that I always save from patterns that I use because I always have to lengthen patterns. If that is the case for you I would advise doing the same. This is just some of the tissue scraps that I have. I have a good-sized stack of it. Let me show you another example of why I save the scraps.
This is a photo of one of the pants pieces that I have completed. I am pointing at the bottom of the leg where I also lengthened by two inches. I hope that you can see the long piece of tissue that I added to the entire length of the front pattern piece to add a bit more. I was very lucky that I had this piece that was long enough. It was another scrap piece that I saved from another pattern that I made. There was enough of this tissue to cut in half and use for both front and back pieces of the pants.
I will be cutting out the pants and dyeing the tunic top this weekend. I will take several pictures to show what I am doing and to share with you.